Morgathos - Rise of Nations
My previous campaign was a high-powered gestalt campaign, and by the end of it it did little more than cause me a headache. So for Rise of Nations I’m going back to basics. The creation of characters will follow standard Dungeons & Dragons rules format:
- Roll 4d6, drop the lowest die.
- There is no minimum allowable score. You keep what you get.
- After racial adjustments, scores may be no lower than 3, no higher than 20. That being said, I reserve the right to require players to roll their scores in my presence.
- ALL characters begin at level 1. This means that if your current character dies, and you decide to play a new one, the new character starts at level 1, even if the current party level is 15. Likewise, if you just get sick of playing a particular character, and want to play as something else, that replacement character also starts at first level1.
- It goes without saying, but just in case it isn’t obvious, because characters start at level 1, no races or templates that apply a level adjustment are allowed. To keep things fair, this restriction also applies to characters made above first level1 (in the rare event that such a thing occurs).
1 Extenuating circumstances may allow me to waive this requirement.
Any base class (a class with 20 levels) from the allowed books is appropriate, as is any variation of that class that is also found (Racial class levels from the Races books, alternative class features from PHB II, etc.) in the allowed books.